Friday, April 10, 2009

Easy Alfredo Sauce

I saw this recipe for Easy Alfredo Sauce several months ago on Melissa's blog and immediately put it on my next month's menu to try.

I poured the finished sauce over some sauteed chicken cutlets that I'd sprinkled with garlic and herb Mrs. Dash and tossed them with some penne pasta and steamed broccoli. The finished dish tasted VERY close to the Olive Garden! :-)


The sauce was just a bit thick for me. I didn't think so at first, but after I ate it...I thought that the next time I make the sauce (and I will!!), I will probably thin it with a little chicken broth (or more milk).

Now, here's the recipe!

Easy Alfredo Sauce

1/2 cup butter
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 cups milk
6 oz grated Parmesan cheese
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper

Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add cream cheese and garlic powder, stirring until smooth. Add milk, whisking to smooth lumps. Stir in Parmesan and pepper. Remove from heat when sauce reaches desired consistency. If it is too thick, you can add a little milk. Toss with hot pasta to serve.

*I thought about cutting the recipe in half, per the original blogger's suggestion. But, the full recipe was perfect for my 1/2 pound box of pasta, 5 chicken cutlets, and 12 oz. bag broccoli. Of course, it made plenty of leftovers...and, although the leftovers were still delicious, alfredo sauce is always better fresh!*


Recommend: YES

blog signature

SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend
___________________________________

Tags:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great recipe!
Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest!

Dawna said...

Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest!

Looks Great! Thanks for sharing!

confused homemaker said...

Looks yummy, thanks for sharing it. Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest!

307728_Coupon Savings - 468x60
Blog Widget by LinkWithin