Sunday, August 23, 2009

Juicy Rotisserie Style Chicken

I combined a couple of different recipes for this Roasted Chicken. I have made it several times, and every time, I can't believe how juicy and tender the meat always is!

Even the next day leftovers for chicken sandwiches are moist and delicious!


JUICY ROTISSERIE STYLE CHICKEN

1-2 teaspoons salt (I omit this)
2 teaspoons paprika
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
1 teaspoon white pepper
1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 cup margarine, divided
celery, onion, or lemon

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

In a small bowl, combine all spices.

Place rinsed and dried chicken (giblets removed!) in a roasting pan, and season generously inside and out with spice mixture. Place 3 tablespoons margarine in the chicken cavity. Arrange dollops of the remaining margarine around the chicken's exterior.

Stuff the chicken cavity with (whatever you have on hand: 3-4 celery stalks, cut into chunks; whole onion, quartered; or a lemon, halved)

Bake uncovered 1 hour and 15 minutes in the preheated oven, to a minimum internal temperature of 180 degrees F (82 degrees C). Remove from heat, and baste with melted margarine and drippings. Cover with aluminum foil, and allow to rest about 30 minutes before serving.

The last time I made this, I used an oven roasting bag and threw in some quartered potatoes. I also made another loaf of Light Oat Bread. Yummmy meal!

Recommend: YES

blog signature

SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend
___________________________________

Tags:

2 comments:

Lisa Anne said...

Just visiting from SITS. OMG this looks so good. I so want to try to cook this, it will help mne prepare for my first Thanksgiving and possibly not burn the turkey or under cook it.

Mel at Adventures of Mel said...

This looks delicious! I love trying new things when it comes to stuffing chickens; I especially like the taste that lemons or apples give.:) I'm going to have to try your recipe for oat bread; it looks delicious too! You need your own show on the Food Network.:) Seriously....Creative Cooking for Busy Moms.:)

307728_Coupon Savings - 468x60
Blog Widget by LinkWithin