Monday, September 28, 2009

Buttery Rolls

Freshly baked rolls, tender and soft, warm with butter can always make me smile.

And, these rolls made me grin! They were fantastic!

I think the milk and extra egg helped make these rolls so soft and tender.

Even a quick 20-second trip in the microwave the next day brought back the hot-out-of-the-oven texture. Those of you from my college days, missing Ma Richardson's rolls...these reminded me of hers!

Yummmmm!


BUTTERY ROLLS

1 cup warm milk (70 to 80 degrees F)
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
4 cups bread flour (I used all purpose)
2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast

In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).

When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Divide into 24 portions; shape into balls. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 15 minutes (I let them rise for close to an hour and then brushed with an egg wash - 1 egg, slightly beaten with 1 Tbsp water). Bake at 375 degrees F for 13-16 minutes or until golden brown.

Recommend: YES

blog signature

SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend
___________________________________

Tags:

8 comments:

Melissa said...

Those look delicious (and picture perfect, I might add)! I will have to try your recipe. Thanks!

Lisa Anne said...

Yum. I think I know what I'll be making on thanksgiving to contribute.

love lives in the kitchen said...

hello! so happy to meet you :)
thank you for visiting love lives in the kitchen!
i like your blog very much! i'll follow!
have a great day!
justyna

2Wired2Tired said...

I'm definitely going to try these. They look incredible!

By the way, thanks for visiting my blog. I like yours and look forward to reading more.

Rachel R. said...

Yup, the milk and eggs make them softer. Those look delicious!

Mel at Adventures of Mel said...

Your blog makes me feel so warm and cozy inside, every time I come to it! I just love it! Keep it up....and don't change a thing....you inspire me.

Tina Butler said...

I saw these in your link within. OMGOODNESS these look so soft and buttery. I am making these for sure. Got them on my menu. Beautiful Buns and I mean the bread. LOL

Tina Butler said...

I have these in the oven rising as I type. I cant wait to try them.

307728_Coupon Savings - 468x60
Blog Widget by LinkWithin