Thursday, October 29, 2009

Creamy Chicken Gravy and Fluffy Biscuits

This Juicy Rotisserie Style Chicken is truly the best I've ever had. I made this last weekend and tripled the spice mixture to keep on hand in an extra spice jar I had. I've made this Rotisserie Chicken several times before, but my husband still kept raving about it...even 2 days later!

I'm already planning on using the same technique for this year's Thanksgiving turkey!

rotisserie chickenWhenever I cook a whole chicken, I always have plans for the leftovers. Sometimes I make buffalo chicken wraps...YUM! Sometimes, the chicken ends up on a chicken cordon bleu pizza... mmmmmm!

But, this weekend's cluck-cluck was headed for a swim in some rich creamy gravy!

(I'm afraid I don't use a recipe, so don't have one to share. I saute celery and onions in butter until tender. Then, add some flour and spices to make a roux. Then, I whisk in mostly chicken broth and a splash of milk and bring to a boil to thicken).

Then, I made a double batch of Fluffy Biscuits:

fluffy biscuits
The warm, flaky biscuit was then split in half and drenched in creamy, chicken-y goodness. Ahhh, comfort food! Yum!

chicken and biscuits
We've had evangelistic meetings at our church this week, so I haven't taken much time to post. I have been taking time, however, to tidy up my blog here and there. So far, I'm pretty pleased with the tweaking that's going on... someday I'll like the look well enough to stop arranging and rearranging!

What do you like/dislike about the new look? What would you like to see? I'm always happy with constructive feedback!

I should be back to a more regular posting schedule by next week! I'm excited for Saturday's meal! I'm making Mommy's Kitchen's No Peek Beef Tips...they sound fabulous!

blog signature

SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend

___________________________________

Tags:

3 comments:

theUngourmet said...

I am craving fluffy biscuits now! I love your new look so much. I really love the colors and the dots. I'd stick with this design, it's so fun and playful! :D

Jamie and Emily said...

that beef recipe sounds AWESOME! can't wait to try it- thanks! =) (might be a good way to use up my venison??)

Karine said...

Your biscuits sound delicious! THanks for sharing:)

307728_Coupon Savings - 468x60
Blog Widget by LinkWithin