Monday, November 23, 2009

Jalapeno Popper Dip

Ok, I had a hard time getting a good picture of this dip. There was no way I could get a picture that told just how deeeeelicious it was!

jalapeno popper dip
It really DID taste just like a jalapeno popper!! I served it with bite sized tortilla chips...and, YUM! I've got enough ingredients for another batch, so I'll be making it as part of Thanksgiving Day treats! Mmmmm!

jalapeno popper dip
If you like jalapeno poppers...but not the price and time, make this dip for your next get together! I guarantee that your guests will ask you for the (super simple) recipe!

JALAPENO POPPER DIP

2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, softened
1 cup mayonnaise
1 (4 oz) can chopped green chilies, drained
2 oz canned diced jalapeno peppers, drained (I could only find sliced, so I ran them through my mini food chopper)
2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/4 cup bread crumbs

In a large bowl, beat together softened cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth and creamy. Stir in chilies and jalapenos. Pour mixture into a pie plate or shallow oven-safe dish.

Mix melted butter with parmesan cheese and bread crumbs until combined. Sprinkle evenly on top of cheese mixture. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes, or until top is golden brown. Serve warm.

Recommend: YES

blog signature

SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend
___________________________________

Tags:

5 comments:

Jamie and Emily said...

Oh man, I will definitely be trying this! We LOVE poppers, and this would be so much cheaper for feeding a crowd! =)

Tina Butler said...

I am all over this one. I love jalapeno poppers. They are my all time favorite appetizer. Thanks for sharing.

Chanda the Eco-Cheap Mom said...

Its sounds delish! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Stopped by from SITS.

Corine (@ComplicatedMama) said...

Found you through sits.. and so glad I did-- this looks Delish!

I may just try this for a turkey day app!

crystal said...

Great recipe..perfect for the upcoming holidays!!
Cheers:)

307728_Coupon Savings - 468x60
Blog Widget by LinkWithin